We recently heard about a friend who had made homemade pretzels that turned out great. Somehow we started talking about things that go great with pretzels and nacho cheese came to mind. Later that night we went online and were unable to find any great nacho cheese recipes that I could make in my Vitamix. I then started doing a few searches online and came up with the recipe below that I made in my Vitamix Certified Reconditioned Standard Programs machine (Pro 500 model).
Below are the steps to make this simple, yet tasty dip. This goes great with pretzels and tortilla chips. Once done, I suggest you keep this warm in a crock pot or slow cooker so that it can be kept warm when at a party or get together.
Nacho Cheese Recipe Details
Preparation: 5-10 minutes
Processing: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup light butter spread
- 1 cup 1%, 2%, or skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Jalapenos (add more or less for taste)
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese (I used sharp and it turned out great)
- Place the flour, butter, milk, and salt into the blender
- Turn the machine on and quickly increase speed to 9 or High
- Continue to blend until you start seeing steam rise from the lid (normally takes 4 minutes)
- Reduce the blender speed to 4 or 5
- Add jalapenos (add more if you want this to be spicy)
- Add cubed cheese (I wouldn’t add anymore or it will be too thick)
- Increase speed to 9 or High
- Blend until desired consistency (I like mine smooth so its better for dipping)
This is a simple and healthy recipe that can be made in less than 20 minutes. Let us know what you think of this recipe. If you have any questions, please contact us.