How to make Vitamix Jalapeno Hummus
My friends were having a New Years Eve party and I needed something that was spicy, simple, and healthy. I browsed the web for a few different recipes and decided to make Jalapeno Hummus. This is similar to the Vitamix Hummus Recipe, but includes tahini paste and jalapenos. Pair this with fresh pita bread and you have a healthy and tasty snack that everyone will love. Below are details.
Jalapeno Hummus Recipe Details
Preparation: 5-10 minutes
Processing: 1 minute
Yield: 3-4 cups
Jalapeno Hummus Ingredients
- 15 ounces canned chick peas (garbanzos), drained
- 15 ounces canned chick peas (garbanzos), with liquid
- 1/4 cup (35 g) raw sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup Tahini Paste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1-2 jalapenos with the seeds removed (leave seeds in if you want extra spice)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt, to taste
Directions to make Jalapeno Hummus
- Place chick peas, jalapenos, sesame seeds, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend 1 minute, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades.
- Season to taste with salt.
This is a simple and healthy recipe that can be made in less than 10 minutes. Be sure to clean your Vitamix as soon as you finish removing the hummus from the container. You will be be glad you did.