My friends were having a housewarming party and I needed something that was simple, healthy, and quick. I browsed the web for a few different recipes and ended up making the Vitamix hummus. I was blown away with the simplicity and taste of this recipe. Not only was it healthy, but everyone loved it with the fresh pita bread that I brought. Below are details.
Preparation: 5-10 minutes
Processing: 1 minute
Yield: 3-4 cups
- 15 ounces canned chick peas (garbanzos), drained
- 15 ounces canned chick peas (garbanzos), with liquid
- 1/4 cup (35 g) raw sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt, to taste
- Place chick peas, sesame seeds, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend 1 minute, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades.
- Season to taste with salt.