With fall and the colder weather upon us, this pumpkin soup Vitamix recipe is a delicious way to keep warm. A vegetarian recipe, you can use all natural ingredients and may have a use for those pumpkins sitting around after Halloween. Find out how to cook a pumpkin here.
Preparation: 15 minuntes
Processing: 7 mins
Yield: 4 cups
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sliced onions, sautéed
- 1 1/2 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all of the ingredients into the container in the order they are listed.
- Blend for 1 minute; start out at a low speed and increase to high
- Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from vented lid.